Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Colors. Shots. And Angles. Oh My!

Before you think this is a post about praising Shakira...it's not (because that's an entire entry on its own, just kidding!) Yesterday I came across her music video for her latest single, Addicted To You. The song was naturally amazing, but I found myself analyzing her video differently. You see, before venturing into my photography business fully, I would only listen to a song and judge it based on whether or not it made my hips move (I LOVE dancing, in case you didn't know). So as I'm watching and listening to her music video, I am completely captivated by the colors, tints, shots, poses, angle the scenes were shot at, EVERYTHING but the rhythm (because with Shakira I know it's always going to be a hit). Never before had I been interested in such detail. Ever. Now things are changing because I've changed the way I look at the world around me - I'm constantly looking for inspiration to help establish my brand. Who knew Shakira's music video could have that effect on me? HA! Anyway, here are a few shots from her video that really inspire me. If I didn't know these pictures came from her music video, I would have just assumed these were for some photo shoot she did. But nope! Straight from her video! 



The details! The shots! The angles! The femininity! The colors! It gets me every time!! Stick around this week because I'll be featuring The Lind Family's session!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this song. I have a friend just like you, she likes a song based on the beat. I base a song on one of two things: 1. whether the lyrics are meaningful, and 2. the beat.

    I must go check out this video right now. The lighting is gorgeous, though!

    ReplyDelete