Friday, May 11, 2012

Your Life Story

I've been doing a lot of research of other photographers in the Greater Puget Sound area. There are some pretty talented artists in the area. It can be a little discouraging at times because I feel behind. When I emailed Alejandra Vidal of Imaginale Design asking for advice she put everything together for me. When I mentioned feeling behind she told me we experience this because "it revolves around the idea that sometimes when we see incredible work we become discouraged because it's a yearning to BE MORE.  The beauty highlights our yearning for more." 

She couldn't have said it better. What makes it difficult for me is looking at all their work and liking it. Where things get dangerous is trying to mimic their style. No. No. No. I can't do that. I have to follow my instinct and create my own. In my office hangs a quote - "write your own life story" and it keeps me going. I have mounds of magazines and books in my office with cut-outs and bookmarks of everything I can relate to/admire. 

So - where I am going with this? Really, I am not sure. But this weekend I have a shoot planned out with my new camera. So I'll be experimenting with a few techniques I've been dying to try! And staying true to my style that will help establish my business. Sit tight and have a great weekend!!!



1 comment:

  1. Send me the 7000!

    No... sadly the dust will kill the poor thing and you need it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete