Monday, May 21, 2012

Progress

What gets me motivated in the morning is when my to-do list is blank* and all I have to do is play with Photoshop. Seriously! This weekend I had so many tabs open in PS with different projects running in the background. I wouldn't just work on one. Oh no...I am a woman - AKA the supreme multitasker. So I'd do a little something here...and then switch tabs and do a little something over there. You know, highly advanced multitasking stuff

As I was switching between tabs I realized something - all my projects consisted of experimenting with editorial photography. And I couldn't find myself doing anything else but downloading fonts and strategically placing them inside my photos to create "art." These are a few of my favorites! 





So I'm going to translate my instinct for you - my style is transforming into an "editorial" like manner. And I'm loving this route! So now I've got to find a way to incorporate my lifestyle inspiration and editorial style photography into one. Easy. I can work for a magazine...but I love being my own boss. OR! I can create my own magazine...dun dun dun! (Sidenote: I am aware the print bizz is no longer "cool," for lack of a better term.) So we'll have to figure out something new. One step at a time, Lisa. One step at a time.  


*Note: Blank as in "I don't feel like doing the dishes today," "I don't want to clean," etc.

2 comments: