Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Editing

Let me be real with you. I hate(d) editing pictures. Despised it. Loathed it. Dreaded it...only because I had no idea what on earth I was doing. If I liked the way I edited it, I kept it. Regardless of the fact that each picture was edited differently - "a little contrast here, A LOT of contrast there. Oh, I can turn up the vibrance a lot on this one...nah, but not on the other one." I was a mess. 

And the sad truth...this was "me" last week. I know, embarrassing, right?! Well, yesterday I buckled down and decided to get serious with consistency. I upgraded my Lightroom from 2 to 4. That's how serious I was, forget 3! There were so many new things! I imported all of my photos and edited them - with a HUGE smile on my face! 

Then the magic happened. I fiddled so much with presets that I finally found one I love love love. I immediately saved and applied it to the remainder of my pictures. With a few tweaks here and there. But ahhhhhhhh! I was sooooo excited. And still am!!! Last night I went around the house just shooting - no concept in mind. Just shot. And uploaded them and proceeded to edit with the brand spankin' new presets. Here are some of the results:

Abbreviation: S.O.O.C = straight out of camera (with no editing)










1 comment: