Friday, June 1, 2012

Surprise Lenses

Woke up this morning and came straight to my computer to chat with Anthony. I could tell he was very giddy - anxious, really. He had been telling me all week that I would be getting a few surprises from him in the mail. Naturally I was ecstatic and couldn't wait! I begged for hints but he refused to tell me. Fair enough. 

As we were Skyping, the post man rang my doorbell and I just about squealed! My surprises had arrived! I signed for the packages and came back to my computer only to see Anthony with a huge smile on his face. Perfect timing. I ripped open the packages - one of them labeled "fragile - handle with care" but that didn't stop me from my barbaric actions. 

Lenses. Lenses were waiting to see the light! One Nikon Lens Series E 135mm f/2.8 (fully manual telephoto lens) and one 60mm f/2.8D Nikkor Micro lens. I was so excited for the macro lens...only because shooting with the manual lens is something I'll have to practice...a lot with. 

I went to my typewriter and took a few practice shots with my new 60mm lens. So thank you, my little Anthony. I really appreciate the surprise! :) 


I'll see what nifty things I can shoot this weekend with my new lenses. Until then, have a great weekend! 

1 comment: