Monday, June 4, 2012

Anatomy of a Flower

I don't remember much from high school - specifically biology! Except for the fact that my friend Dora and I would eat chile limón cheetos on our desk (the same desk we dissected baby pigs and cats on...) during lectures and pass notes to each other...maybe that's why I don't remember..BUT ANYWAY! Thankfully you don't have to pass an anatomy test before you purchase flowers. 

To settle Anthony's nerves, he bought me my first macro lens. If you remember correctly, to produce macro images, I would turn my 50mm lens over and shoot. Gone are those days! Here are a few shots I took with my new lens. 






Sidenote: "Micro is Nikon's word for macro. It's the same thing. This lens focuses to life-size, which means an object as small as an inch across can fill the frame." - Ken Rockwell

3 comments:

  1. So now you're buying yourself flowers? Is that supposed to be some kind of hint?

    Love you,
    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was my hint that obvious?! :-P

      I love you!

      Delete