Tuesday, June 5, 2012

New! New! New!

Lisa V. Lupo Photography is getting so much closer to becoming "so fresh and so clean [clean]!" - yes, I am listening to that song as I write this post. I've entered Phase 2 (adding color to my logo and tweaking some stuff) of designing my logo with Hemisphere Design & Marketing. Guys, let me tell you! Their work is awesome and what Heather Stajgr has created for me is perfection. I applaud graphic designers  for their 24/7 creativity. It's their job and I can only imagine how difficult it is. I can't wait to showcase my new logo! 


Another update! We're painting rooms in the house! This is perhaps the most nerve-wrecking/exciting thing you could ever do to a home. So here's the dealio. I hired Stefanie Brooks, a talented interior designer in Tacoma, to help out with color analysis...because let me tell you picking the right color and testing it out can be expensive and exhausting! So why not hire Stefanie - who knows what she's doing?


This first color would be for the kitchen. Now I know what you're thinking..."omg, how bold/awful/no, just no!" Anthony, just trust me. This is the story: we have nasty colored cabinets. Just awful! It would be an arm and a leg to have them redone. So the alternative would be to paint the kitchen a color that would compliment the green and not make it look so bad. The pictures just don't do any justice with the color - so you can see the actual swatch here. I absolutely LOVE this color. Because there are enough white breaks in our kitchen, it'll hold up well and not be so overpowering. And not to mention - it looks great with our retro kitchen vinyl, haha (and I'm not being sarcastic). I hated everything about this kitchen...until today! 



Next we move into my office. Let me explain - when I say the word "wallpaper" what do you think of? Shag? Out of my mind? Outdated? Yea, that's what I thought until Stefanie re-introduced it as "wall coverings." That sounds better, right? And I'm digging the "revival." The pattern below is what I'm thinking of doing for my office. I have lovely white trim to offset the covering and separate it from the gray border already painted.

I'm almost embarrassed to be posting the next picture...but somewhat proud. The first thing Anthony and I did as soon as we moved into our house (before we even had our furniture set up) was go to Sherwin Williams, pick a color (we knew we wanted some shade of blue/teal), test it out at home, and (in our case) make those testers "permanent." Really, we just didn't have enough time and we couldn't make up our minds...so we left the swatches like that. Raw. Until, that is, we got our art work delivered! And that's when this little baby found a temporary home blocking the paint. Crafty, huh? Oh, and I'm somewhat proud of these strokes because it was the first time Anthony and I took on a "home improvement project," granted unfinished...but still.  


Lastly, the living room. The main room. When we moved in I couldn't place my finger on what color had been painted in this room. Ice? Light light light gray? Light light light blue? Whatever it may be, it's an incredibly dull color. Does nothing for us. Oh, and to top it off, the trim is two different colors, haha. So naturally something has to be done! I ditched the blue/teal idea for the living room and firmly decided on a shade of gray. You can't go wrong with the right shade of gray. As I was playing around with the color swatch, I came across the wall's previous color - which was gray! See the tiny gray color exposed behind the fireplace? It must be a sign! Anyway, as I kept playing with the swatch above the fireplace...I lost it. Yes, right before my eyes. The swatch fell between the teeny tiny crack behind the fireplace - which is how I discovered the gray color. 


So those are the latest updates! These room makeovers not only reflect who Anthony and I are, but it's also the first room my clients will see as they walk into our house. If my house and office are lame, then my pictures must be lame. At least that's what I would think. Details matter, my friends. Details matter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment