Friday, September 14, 2012

You Are Beautiful

I know I'm over-thinking ideas when I cry in my dreams because Obama told me they were awful. That's what's been happening this week. Wednesday was chaos. I hadn't come up with a gift idea to put in the bags we're giving away at the fashion show this coming week. And it was stressing me out, to say the least. I wanted something that was consistent with my brand. Something that had style. Made you feel good. Something more than just my card. (Sidenote: I hadn't designed my business card either - so that was another thing I had to think about). I wanted it all to be done by this past Wednesday. And I was going to meet my deadline. One thing college taught me was that I always work better under pressure...and sure enough, my theory still stands true. 

I woke up Wednesday (deadline day), listened to my morning dose of Kishi Bashi, and pulled out the old pen and paper. I started drawing out ideas for my card and that's when it all came together. I would package my business card. But not just package any ordinary information about me. Not just a business card. I wanted you, the client, to experience something. So I came up with boxing my card. When you unwrap the little box the first thing you see is a reminder: "you are beautiful." Of course alongside the card you'll find a few Hershey Kisses :)  I filled the kraft boxes with moss. (I'll post pictures of the final product soon.) 

It was no easy task, I must admit. I finished the design of my card, zoomed to Costco business center and asked my dear friend Mike to print them out for me. Meanwhile as he's printing them out, I'm driving around all over the South Sound buying out all of the craft stores' kraft boxes. 5 hours later and 50 boxes short of my goal, I picked up my new business cards. They came out amazing! I called my friend Tristan to help me package the cards - and to work he went! We mastered our assembly line once we reached the halfway mark. Tricky Twine Tying. But alas, we completed (half of) the project. I drove down to Bellevue and dropped them off with Jerome. Phew!

Thank you to you all for helping me out. I really appreciate it. REALLY!






7 comments:

  1. Lisa! Your cards are really awesome! As for Obama, he emails me frequently. Do you want me to speak to him about being nicer in your dreams? I can totally do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! You know, I would love if you could do that for me. Throw in a little sass for me while you're at it, haha! :P

      Delete
  2. That is such a GREAT idea. I love it And know they look even better in person. The "you are beautiful" part is my favorite. CONGRATS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEK!! :) Thanks, Laura. I'm going to shower you with these cards when you come over, ahaha!

      Delete